Researcher on Biocities
Rome, Lazio, ItalyBiocities Facility
The European Forest Institute
is now seeking a
Researcher on Biocities
The European Forest Institute (EFI) is an international organisation with 30 member countries and around 130 associate and affiliate member organisations. EFI undertakes forest research and policy support at pan European and global level, with headquarters located in Joensuu, Finland. EFI has offices in Barcelona, Bonn, Rome and Brussels. The Institute has app. 120 staff members and has an annual turnover of app. 18 million Euros. Further information about the organisation is available at www.efi.int .
The Biocities facility which opened in Rome, Italy during 2022 will support a science-informed dialogue on the potential of the circular bioeconomy concept, particularly based on forest-based solutions, for rethinking and creating sustainable, healthy and resilient cities. The Facility will develop a new and holistic conceptual framework for the use of green infrastructures and biobased solutions in urban environments.
EFI is seeking a Researcher to strengthen its capacities in the field of Biocities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of the Biocities research topics and team.
- Support junior researchers and trainees at EFI involved in topics of Biocities.
- Active role in project proposal writing and funding acquisition.
- Science-communication at the science-policy-practice interface.
The employee will be based at the EFI’s Office in Rome, Italy.
EFI offers competitive benefits and salary package. This is a fixed term appointment of five years with the possibility for an extension.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within a stimulating international environment.
Interested candidates are requested to send (in English) a CV including copies of academic degree certificates with a motivation letter by 10th April 2023, using our online application form.
For more information about the post, please contact Giuseppe Scarascia-Mugnozza, Head of Biocities Facility at: firstname.lastname@example.org
EFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please note that only candidates that have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
- PhD in relevant discipline
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with social science methods, governance research and/or sustainability research.
- Experience in proposal writing and track record in funding acquisition.
- An excellent track record of publishing in scientific journals.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English are essential. Working knowledge of Italian is an asset.